Saturday, November 28, 2009

busy, busy momma!

Thank god it's the weekend. Let me tell you, this week has been insanity.

Yesterday was our grand opening at work. I had to wake up at 3am to be at work by 4am. It wasn't all that bad waking up that early since I went to bed at 8:30 the night before. Our first day open went great! I had so much fun. I really didn't have a hard time at all because I've been in the coffee business over about 3 years so I know what to expect. Also, since the opening for Black Friday was such short notice my co-worker, Sierra and I, weren't trained at all. For me that wasn't a huge deal because I already know everything there is to know. The only thing that I need to get familiar with are Saxbys recipes, just because every place is different on how they make their drinks. But Sierra has no coffee experience and had a little more difficulty. Not a big deal because we had four people on yesterday. Sierra, Mike (my boss), Joey (who is actually the son of the man who is the CEO of Saxbys Company!) and myself. It's funny because Joe Grasso CEO of Saxbys Coffee Company actually came in to check out the store. He is awesome! I totally hit it off with him. That's right-- I'm hookin' it up!! Our conversation consisted of my Crocs that I was wearing which he says he wears in his office while working, about my tattoos-- he thought Sebastian's footprints were unique & my peace and love tattoo on the back of my neck was a hit with him and everyone in Saxbys since the back of our Saxbys shirt it actually says Peace & Love!
I was fine all day since it was busy. I could barely notice the time because it pretty much flew by. The mall wasn't particularly a mob seen like we all thought it was going to be. I bet Walmart had more people lined up outside than the mall itself. Honestly, I'm glad for that. Once 1:30pm hit I was out of there with a huge smile thinking that soon I will be seeing my wonderful boys at home. I am loving coming home and having Sebastian run into my arms.
As of Monday I will be starting my normal shifts, 8:30a-3:30p.

Thanksgiving was pleasant although Sebastian was having an 'off' kind of day and we ended up leaving early. That's just what it is. Anyways, it was great seeing everyone together and all the food was so tasty. I especially thought Aunt Cheryl's twice baked potato were scrumptious! And I really couldn't get enough of Aunt Janice's pumpkin cookies, I swear I had like twenty of them so far. I'm secretively hoping there are left overs so I can have twenty more. Lord help me.

Here is a picture of me and my girls chilling on the couch--
(yes, we are doing 'silent fox' with our hands. Again, this is an inside joke!)

Tonight I will be ending with some Sebastian...
To start out here is a little video of Sebastian playing with Lucy, who is the Schuler Family's newish puppy--

Now here is a picture of him all finished with dessert. I assure you as much as it looks like he has poop smeared on his face it actually is Nutella. Very, very messy!
That face. Ha! Classic. He was a little upset with me for taking this picture.

Well, that's all for tonight. Till next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment